There is a warm and fluffy anonymity about the internet and I have found that many men who may not like to pick up the phone and ring a professional or even a friend when they need help, are comfortable to share their feelings and get some help online. Even in my own experience, getting my feelings out in the open and not really considering who would read my stuff, has proven an endlessly helpful exercise.
Perhaps sharing personal stories on the internet is the new way of getting help and support and the anonymity of the internet counteracts the feeling of vulnerability you get when you share your story with someone face to face.
The other side of this is, of course, that you also get to read about other people’s pain and problems which often is much like a warm embrace. Just finding out that you are not the only one who is going through a rough time is extremely helpful. A sense of solidarity and shared experience of pain emerge and that in itself can serve as a support tool.
Blogging has become increasingly popular and thousands of people avail of advice from writers blogging on a vast variety of topics. Right from the beginning, I have asked people who have helped me to submit guest posts to my site and I have had men and women in difficult situations share their stories on my blog. Judging from my growing readership, this has worked very well and thousands of people have found valuable information in the guest posts I have published.
I am always looking for new guest bloggers that can support my blogging efforts and add to the information I provide on my website. Submitting a post is easy, simply use the contact form below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are a variety of topics I like to cover on my blog, here are just some of them:
- Being a Single Father
- Family Budget
- Family Holidays and Weekends
- Food and Drinks
- Health and Medicine
- Household Repair and Maintenance
- Lifestyle Tips
- Hobbies for Kids
- Kids Education
- Traveling with Kids
If you are unsure of a possible guest post title, let me give you a few ideas:
- Life-Work Balance as a Single Parent
- When Should I Start Dating Again?
- Should I do Time-Outs With My Kids?
These are just a few basic ideas, please feel free to run your own thoughts by me.
Guest bloggers and readers have found my publication of guest posts very rewarding and beneficial and here is why:
- Sharing Your Story and Lightening the Load: As the saying goes “A trouble shared is a trouble halved” and that has certainly held true in my own case as well as in the case of my many guest bloggers. Readers are also relieved and encouraged to read how someone overcame challenges and solved problems.
- Helping Others to Help Themselves: Professionals who have submitted guest posts have found great satisfaction in knowing that their contributions have inspired people to seek help and that many have taken their advice and were able to get through difficult times a little easier.
- Connecting With Others: I consider my readers and guest bloggers to be part of a greater family of support for all those of us who struggle at times. When submitting a guest post, you will become part of this family and many of my guest bloggers have become regular contributors, some of them even friends.
- It’s a Blogger’s World: Some of my guest bloggers have enjoyed the exposure received through the publication of their post on my website. As a blogger, I am aware of the need for bloggers to collaborate and send each other readers. Everyone wins, bloggers, guest bloggers and especially the readers.
What Happens Next
Once you have decided to submit a guest post, you just need to email me at email@example.com or use the contact form below. Include as much detail as possible and make sure to attach a post if you have one already. Submitting a guest post is a collaborative process and I like to discuss all the various aspects with my guest bloggers to ensure that everyone is happy throughout!